[Kolab-devel] XMPP integration in Kolab web client

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Fri Jan 24 10:14:26 CET 2014

On Friday 24 January 2014 10:02:03 Thomas Brüderli wrote:

> Yes, it definitely works with Roundcube 1.0. Where did you see that
> version stated?

I just noticed the folder names  in repository contain 0.7.2

> > I have this error trying to activate converse in roundcube (but i
> > configured only the server address in config.inc.php):
> >
> > PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getAttribute() on a non-object
> > in /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.0/plugins/converse/php/xmpp-prebind-
> > php/lib/XmppPrebind.php on line 127

In fact I solved that, it was because the server location was misconfigured in
config.inc.php. It looks like the icon appear in roundcube only if it can
connect to the jabber server. My expectation was to have the icon with some
message like "unconnected"

> That looks like an invalid XML response not catched in the prebinding
> library. Try to use the old lib with debug mode enabled:
>
> $rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_old_style_prebind'] = true;
> $rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_devel_mode'] = true;
>
> Then log out and in again in Roundcube and check the logs at
> /var/log/roundcubemail/xmpp. There you should see how far the prebinding
> got and what the XMPP server returned.

I'am still debuging , now I have the plugin active in roundcube but it not
connect to the server ( openfire).

An issue i find is the user and password are sent with "get" and logged in
apache's log :)

> Kind regards,
> Thomas
Mihai Bădici