[Kolab-devel] XMPP integration in Kolab web client

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Feb 15 01:10:42 CET 2014

On Thursday 6. February 2014 16.44.44 Jindřich Skácel wrote:

> just want let you know that I got up and running ejabberd with LDAP auth
> (just clients for now, OS CentOS). Hopefully will have some time to get
> try XMPP integration in Kolab also during this week. I will let you know
>
> :)
>
> Anyway.. configuration of ejabberd:
>
> {auth_method, ldap}.
> {ldap_servers, ["localhost"]}.
> {ldap_encrypt, none}.
> {ldap_rootdn, "uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=domain,dc=com"}.
> {ldap_password, "ultr4secUr3p4ssw0rd"}.
> {ldap_base, "ou=People,dc=domain,dc=com"}.
> {ldap_uids, [{"mail", "%u at domain.com"}]}.
> {ldap_filter, "(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)"}.

Thanks for providing this! It makes the lives of those of us who aren't
familiar with ejabberd a bit easier. I've made a setup-kolab component for
ejabberd, which I'll make available fairly soon, that edits the configuration
file to enable these settings.

At the moment, I'm trying to get the Converse plugin to work with the
probably-too-old Roundcube installation I have. If/when the Debian packages
for 3.2 get prepared, I'll attempt to get them built with pbuilder and to try
Converse out with Roundcube 1.0.

I've also been making some LDAP setup enhancements - configuring Kolab against
a remote LDAP server, for example - so that I can run services on separate
(virtual) hosts. How this fits into distribution packaging and configuration
is something that probably needs more input from the experts, however.

Paul