[Kolab-devel] caldav backend to calender plugin

btb listsb-kolab-dev at bitrate.net
Tue Feb 11 16:55:20 CET 2014

On 2014.02.09 06.05, Daniel Morlock wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> yes, there was a syntax error in the last commit, sorry. Should be fixed
> now.
>
> Basically you have 2 options.
>
> 1. Use the latest git tag:
>
> $ git clone https://gitlab.awesome-it.de/kolab/roundcube-plugins.git
> $ cd roundcube-plugins
> $ git checkout roundcubemail-plugins-kolab-caldav-3.1.11
>
> This corresponds to the upstream tag: roundcubemail-plugins-kolab-3.1.11
> and is at least a little bit tested.
>
> 2. Use the latest development sources:
>
> $ git clone https://gitlab.awesome-it.de/kolab/roundcube-plugins.git
> $ cd roundcube-plugins
> $ git checkout feature_caldav
>
> This can contain yet untested code and you might experience things like
> the parentheses error. Should be rare, but it could happen.
>

> Regards,
> Daniel.

thanks, that seems like the bit i was sort of missing.  i think i’m
beginning to make some sense of this.

using roundcubemail-plugins-kolab-caldav-3.1.11 [on a host with a more
recent version of php, so the generate_randomdata() discussion we had is
moot], it appears to be working, at least given some basic exercises so far.

a couple of observations:

1] when adding a new event with a participant, it seems to work - the
event is added and the invited participants receive an email invite, but
i see in logs/errors:

PHP Warning:  Illegal string offset 'EXCEPTIONS' in
/srv/www/webmail.example.com/private/awesome-it.de/roundcube-plugins/plugins/libcalendaring/libvcalendar.php
on line 966

2] i was experimenting with $rcmail_config['calendar_caldav_url'] - but
i'm not quite sure how exactly it is meant to be used.  my hope was to
automate the caldav configuration to some extent, so users aren't
necessarily required to manually configure this, if possible.

3] when saved, all day events seem to be moved back one day.

4] a few other general questions: are there mechanisms for sharing
calendars or for free/busy searches?  how about autodiscovering all of a
users' calendars, so if they have more than one they don't have to add
each individually?

thanks daniel and michael for all of the guidance so far with this.

regards
-ben