[Kolab-devel] LDAP port configuration.

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 23:16:34 CEST 2014

On Sunday 10. August 2014 22.56.11 Stuart Naylor wrote:
> Just thought I would mention as I had a look and the port config
> seems to be hard coded in many places.

Where were you looking?

> You might have scenario's where you want to co-exist with other
> LDAP's on the same IP. It would be great to be able to assign non
> standard ports for the DS.

As far as I remember, the LDAP server port is configurable. In the work I've
done on setup-kolab (known as kolab-setup on some distributions), you can even
nominate a remote LDAP server, but you obviously then don't get to initialise
this server using setup-kolab (since the process involves running programs on
the actual LDAP server host).

> If kolab-setup would allow this then it would make single server
> interoperability with other LDAP's much easier.

I think you mean coexistence rather than interoperability, but I get your
point.

Paul