[Kolab-devel] Kolab XMPP Roundcube plugin

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Apr 10 19:06:59 CEST 2014

On Thursday 10. April 2014 10.58.03 Torsten Grote wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Thursday 10 April 2014 09:01:45 Andreas Cordes wrote:
> > I'll check which one is compatible with Kolabs roundcube
>
> Make sure to read this article:
>

> https://kolab.org/blog/grote/2014/01/29/chat-coming-kolab-jabber-xmpp-
integration

And also...

http://blogs.fsfe.org/pboddie/?p=741
http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/tree/pykolab/setup/setup_ejabberd.py?h=dev/boddie#n71

The latter isn't so readable as it is code, but it describes a working shared
roster configuration. There are links in the comments that provide decent
enough references for further investigation.

The former notes what might be interesting to do with Converse and discusses
the bind proxy configuration. I would also recommend that if you're using
Debian packages, you should take a look at the roundcubemail-plugin-converse
files in the following location:

http://www.boddie.org.uk/downloads/kolab/2014-03-08/index.html

The installation paths in the OBS packages were wrong for the originally
published package, and the package in the above location fixes them.

Paul