[Kolab-devel] Upgradepath towards 3.1

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Sep 13 13:33:41 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-12 16:27, de Raad, Hans wrote:
> 2. Upgrade everything (yum upgrade ?) to the develpackages (fingers
> crossed) and perform the following steps:
>
> 2.1 Run setup-kolab imap to implement the new annotations
>
> 2.2 Remove/change underscores from the names from START, SERVICES and
> EVENTS section of cyrus.conf
>
> 2.3 Delete all files named *.squat from the IMAP spools
>
> 2.4 Check for/or add the setting: postuser : shared to /etc/imapd.conf

Running `setup-kolab imap` will actually take care of 2.2 and 2.4
itself.

> Is that a correct interpretation of the documentation?

Noted that one could run `setup-kolab mta` to update the postfix
configuration to the latest and greatest as well - assuming you didn't
make any manual configuration changes to /etc/postfix/ldap/*.cf files,
this should be fine.

One could also run `setup-kolab roundcube` for its configuration to be
updated, but one will;

   - One will need to know the MySQL root password and MySQL roundcube
password, and specify those exactly as they are,
   - Get an error on the attempt to create the database,
   - Get an error during the attempt(s) to create the tables in the
database,

and one might want to double-check whether any of the MySQL schema
upgrade files still need to be applied separately (list them with rpm
-ql roundcubemail roundcubemail-plugins-kolab | grep sql)

> Would there perhaps also be an option 3? Using kolab migrate tools for
> this excersize to a new clean installation?

No data migration is needed for an upgrade of Kolab 3.0 to Kolab 3.1. We
intend to stick to a mantra of minor version number bumps only requiring
(perhaps) configuration changes and updates, and bump the major version
number component for LDAP schema upgrades, format converstions, and
such.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--