[Kolab-devel] Hello Kolab Devs

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Tue Sep 10 12:13:31 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) <
vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> wrote:

> ave no objections, but could you show me before we change all of what we
>> have already? ;-)

Cool :) Hold off on any new ones.
I'll try to port some existing ones to py.test
and you'll see how much simpler it is :)

> Question on the side... does py.test keep stdin/stdout/stderr open? I've
> been trying to get std. unittest to do this for me, so that I can do:
>
>   0) Clean out environment completely,
>
>   1) Set the environment up for a functional test of application $x,
>
>   2) Display the steps to reproduce and ask the Quality Assurance engineer
> for confirmation,
>
>   3) Handle the ACK / NAY response.

Yes yes yes and yes. py.test has lots of cool stuff :)

I'll try to borrow from my vast experience with circuits's unit tests and
system tests :)

cheers
James