[Kolab-devel] Hello Kolab Devs

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Sep 10 10:31:47 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-10 00:22, James Mills wrote:
> Are you opposed to using py.test (1) at all? I find it less cumbersome
> and
> less boilerplate for writing unit and system tests. In my own project
> (circuits) I tried the std. lib unittest as well as nose before
> discovering
> py.test afterwhich I ended up writing hundreds of tests (because it's
> so
> easy and straightforward!).

I have no objections, but could you show me before we change all of what
we have already? ;-)

Question on the side... does py.test keep stdin/stdout/stderr open? I've
been trying to get std. unittest to do this for me, so that I can do:

   0) Clean out environment completely,

   1) Set the environment up for a functional test of application $x,

   2) Display the steps to reproduce and ask the Quality Assurance
engineer for confirmation,

   3) Handle the ACK / NAY response.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen