[Kolab-devel] Hello Kolab Devs

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Tue Sep 10 01:22:36 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) <
vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> wrote:

> sorry to get back to your introduction email so late - meanwhile we've
> spoken on IRC a lot ;-)

That's alright :)

I've started creating (nose) test-cases for pykolab, that is probably the
> way we want to move forward. The tests are split in two parts (unit and
> functional). For a series of functional tests one has to have set up a
> Kolab system beforehand, for which I recommend using domain "example.org"
> and root dn "dc=example,dc=org" - and all passwords set to
> "Welcome2KolabSystems" - this enables the use of kolab-scripts[1] as well,
> without modifications.

Are you opposed to using py.test (1) at all? I find it less cumbersome and
less boilerplate for writing unit and system tests. In my own project
(circuits) I tried the std. lib unittest as well as nose before discovering
py.test afterwhich I ended up writing hundreds of tests (because it's so
easy and straightforward!).

cheers
James

1. http://pytest.org/latest/