[Kolab-devel] Packaging Kolab for Multiple Platforms -> OBS?

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Sep 6 15:55:40 CEST 2013

> Hi Ralf,
>
> pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by
> "debian-style packaging", nor "a good source service script".
obs can also generate .deb files, not only .rpm files

The packaging rules file (.spec for rpm, .dsc for deb) and the source
tar archive can automatically be updated and the packages automatically
be built, for instance on checkin to git/svn or on publishing of a new
version to a catalog service (pear, cpan, rubygems...)

The necessary glue code (script) is called a source service in obs
terminology and is run by the obs server or locally by the "osc"
command. There are also source services which repack a tar.gz to tar.bz
or perform similar duties.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer