[Kolab-devel] Daily Email of Events?

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 5 20:24:29 CEST 2013

On Thursday 05 September 2013 21.22:47 James Mills wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Torsten Grote <grote at kolabsys.com> wrote:
> > I'm not a real developer myself, but I don't know whether pykolab would be
> > the
>
> best place for it since I guess it doesn't have everything ready to get
>
> > events
> > from Day X. But Roundcube already does have this for example.
> >
> > But the pykolab and roundcube developers can probably tell you better how
> > best implement that feature.
>
> IHMO this should be implemented as something separate
> (unsure of name yet). Although you're probably right (I'm still new to the
> whole Kolab sutie)
> I don't think PHP and Roundcubemail is the best place IHMO. This should
> be a daemon and well frankly Python has all the libraries already to
> read the data required. Also if I am going to implement this as I have litt
> eot no experience in PHP anymore (last did PHP 12yrs ago) I'm more suited
> to Python :)

Hey,

I think python is perfectly fine, you could even just run it in a cron job.

Please do use libkolab/libkolabxml to extract the data (MIME and XML parsing)
and get in touch if you're facing any issues (or would require some extras).
Python bindings are available and used in pykolab.

Cheers,
Christian