[Kolab-devel] Daily Email of Events?

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Thu Sep 5 13:22:47 CEST 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Torsten Grote <grote at kolabsys.com> wrote:

> I'm not a real developer myself, but I don't know whether pykolab would be
> the

best place for it since I guess it doesn't have everything ready to get
> events
> from Day X. But Roundcube already does have this for example.
>
> But the pykolab and roundcube developers can probably tell you better how
> best implement that feature.

IHMO this should be implemented as something separate
(unsure of name yet). Although you're probably right (I'm still new to the
whole Kolab sutie)
I don't think PHP and Roundcubemail is the best place IHMO. This should
be a daemon and well frankly Python has all the libraries already to
read the data required. Also if I am going to implement this as I have litt
eot no experience in PHP anymore (last did PHP 12yrs ago) I'm more suited
to Python :)

cheers
James