[Kolab-devel] Announcing some blog posts for building packages for Debian on OBS

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Oct 30 15:52:54 CET 2013

On Wednesday 30. October 2013 14.09.14 Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> > However, when trying to rebuild libkolabxml with pbuilder, I get the
> > following:
> >
> > cp: cannot stat 'debian/tmp/usr/lib/cmake/Libkolabxml/LibkolabxmlTargets-
> > noconfig.cmake': No such file or directory
> >
> > I saw this error before, but I wonder why osc doesn't fail when building
> > the package since osc should be adhering to Debian packaging guidelines,
> > and it obviously produces the libkolabxml-dev.install file that causes
> > this error.
>
> I came across this yesterday.
> the problem is the commit
> https://git.kolab.org/libkolabxml/commit/?id=22bb499c4b4d59bccf02ba8c5e5f3f
> e86510e0a8 my fix is to change the required version from 0.7 to 1.0:
> sed -i "s/Libkolabxml 0\.7 REQUIRED/Libkolabxml 1.0 REQUIRED/g"
> ~/rpmbuild/BUILD/kolab-utils-master/CMakeLists.txt
>
> see
> https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/rdiff?opackage=kolab-utils&oproject=Kolab%
> 3ADevelopment&package=kolab-utils&project=home%3Atpokorra%3Abranches%3AKola
> b%3ADevelopment

I'm not sure I follow: the above sed command seems to affect the kolab-utils
package, but it's the libkolabxml package that won't build. And neither the
old nor the new version of the LibkolabxmlConfigVersion.cmake.in file seem to
correct the problem.

However, I did think that maybe something related to the cmake configuration
might be the problem; there are the following files listed in the libkolabxml-
dev.install file (along with other development libraries and headers):

usr/lib/cmake/Libkolabxml/LibkolabxmlTargets.cmake
usr/lib/cmake/Libkolabxml/LibkolabxmlTargets-noconfig.cmake
usr/lib/cmake/Libkolabxml/LibkolabxmlConfig.cmake
usr/lib/cmake/Libkolabxml/LibkolabxmlConfigVersion.cmake

Meanwhile, I only find the following cmake-related files in the sources:

cmake/modules/FindLibkolabxmlDependencies.cmake
cmake/modules/LibkolabxmlConfig.cmake.in
cmake/modules/LibkolabxmlConfigVersion.cmake.in
libkolabxml-version.h.cmake

Sadly, I'm not familiar with the underlying build system, nor with cmake, but
it looks like CMakeLists.txt produces the otherwise absent
LibkolabxmlTargets.cmake file as follows:

install(EXPORT LibkolabxmlExport DESTINATION ${CMAKECONFIG_INSTALL_DIR} FILE
LibkolabxmlTargets.cmake )

How it might produce a -noconfig variant is unknown to me at the moment.

Paul