[Kolab-devel] Announcing some blog posts for building packages for Debian on OBS

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Tue Oct 29 10:50:08 CET 2013

On Monday 28 October 2013 20:23:44 Paul Boddie wrote:
> I was wondering which project we should be targeting. I see there are "3.1"
> and "Development" projects, and when I tried to build the "Development"
> packages myself there seemed to be some kind of fundamental (non-packaging-
> related) build issue, whereas the "3.1" packages didn't exhibit the same
> problems.

Did you use the obc build command for building? I had no issues using it with
the development branch according to Timotheus step by step guide.

> If we're fine-tuning the packaging is it best to target "3.1" in order to
> not  have to deal with two different variables at the same time, or should
> it be safe to target the "Development" stuff? Also, where do the "Updates"
> come into this?

I don't know. Timotheus said branch of development. But I also don't know how
packages flow back into the Kolab 3.1 branch.

> I also wondered whether the upstream (non-packaging-related) code should be
> "good to go" and not needing to be patched.

It should be. If you have some patches here, attaching them to a bugzilla
issue would be the first step.

This might also be interesting:

    http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Debian_builds

Kind Regards,