[Kolab-devel] Debugging iRony

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Mon Oct 21 13:20:50 CEST 2013

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> I'm seeing errors when uploading certain events to the iRony caldav
> server. The errors look like this:
>
> akonadi_davgroupware_resource_0(22770): Error when uploading item: 515 "There was a problem with the request. The item has not been created on the server.
> An unexpected error (415) occurred while attempting to upload https://user%40example.org@dav.example.org/calendars/user@example.org/75d595125bd5852b/4a50ucfm10e67ra5muod90g9so@google.com.ics. (415)."
>
> How do I go about debugging these errors serverside? There's a bunch of
> stuff logged to /var/log/iRony/console (which I can't figure out how to
> turn off, incidentally), but it's not really helpful.

Indeed that cannot the turned off with the current development version of
iRony.

> Specifically,
> there's no trace of any errors (I'm assuming the 415 in the message
> above is an HTTP status code).
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated (including on how to turn off
> the console logging once I'm done...) :)

In order to track the full HTTP payload you need to redirect all requests
through debug.php within the public_html directory of iRony. You can do
this my changing the rewrite rules in the apache config:

#RewriteRule  (.*) index.php  [qsappend,last]
RewriteRule  (.*)  debug.php  [qsappend,last]
DirectoryIndex debug.php

That will write all HTTP requests and responses to /var/log/iRony/davdebug
for further analysis.

Kind regards,
Thomas