[Kolab-devel] [Usability] Big attachments + Roundcube problem

Chloé Desoutter chloe.desoutter at atasta.net
Wed Oct 16 18:11:39 CEST 2013

Hello,

I think I have found a gotcha in Kolab's configuration.

If I want to send big attachments, I have to configure, as usual, the
message_max_size in Postfix and the post_max_size (and max_input_time)
in PHP.

However, since the Roundcube installation of Kolab uses the
redundant_attachments plug-in, I also have to :

- Increase the memory_limit in PHP
- Increase the max_allowed_packet in my.cnf

Indeed it seems this plug-in sends a binary blob to the MySQL database
and this causes a "silent failure" when sending big attachments unless
this last point is fixed.

Since this plug-in is of little to no use in most cases (small
organizations, big mail providers w/o tight bonds between users),
couldn't it be disabled by default and enabled only after giving the
user a good warning?

Yours sincerely,

--
Chloé Desoutter