[Kolab-devel] Kolab 3.1

Tormen my.nl.abos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 14:53:29 CEST 2013

Hi Torsten,

>> Otherwise this is of no personal importance for me and I am a happy
>> camper to get my kolab on Debian with one nice install command!
> We would actually appreciate contributions,
I do understand and think that is only fair!
I am aware of the give + take principle in the Open-Source community and
I like it and live it.

Please see that I am new to kolab ... and until I get around to try it,
not even sure that I'll like it ;)
Once I am sure that I'll use and need it (and/or that kolab can
successfully replace an Exchange server), then would be the time to
contribute.

> especially now since the process
> for those is documented here:
>
>     http://hosted.kolabsys.com/~vanmeeuwen/build/html/developer-guide/packaging/obs-for-kolab/howto-get-started.html
>
> There is so many distributions and we can not maintain packages for all of them.
Isn't Debian still one of the big distros ... I would even say /the/
free distro that one should support after RHEL/CentOS ?
(especially as Debian serves as mother distro for so many spin offs)
But that's maybe too subjective :)

On a 2nd thought about the 2 debian repos:
Hence for Debian the two repos (base + update) provide an installable
version only together, what is the point in separating them ?
Wouldn't it maybe make more sense to just provide one debian repo ?
(until you can provide a base repo being independent of an update repo)

Best,

Tormen.