[Kolab-devel] Duplicate UID generated in generate_uid function...

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Oct 9 08:51:13 CEST 2013

On Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:18:20 AM Louis Carreiro wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> I sent this out on the Kolab user list but didn't get much feedback
> and thought this may be better suited for the devel list.
>
> So I'm doing a new implementation of Kolab 3.0 and before releasing
> it, I wanted to change the UID being generated from just the lastname
> ("sn") to first name dot last name ("givenname"."sn").
>
> In the process of going over the generate_uid function, I noticed that
> it is acting a bit funny and always allowing for a duplicate UID to
> be generated, regardless of changing how the UID is formed. In case
> anyone wants to duplicate it, I've already got a user with a UID of
> "test.user" in the 389 server. And a bit more information, this is a
> full install (all packages) of Kolab 3.0 on CentOS 6 and the
> kolab-webadmin version is 3.0.4-1.el6.kolab_3.0.

You will find that the form_value.generate_uid() function has been much
improved in later versions of the kolab-webadmin, such as 3.1.0.

In 3.1.0, it also takes a setting "policy_uid" (in the [ldap] section)
to heart, enabling you to set it to:

  policy_uid = %(givenname)s.%(surname)s

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,