[Kolab-devel] [debian] Cyrus package incomplete (was: Re: cyrus-imapd.deb: formal Version 2.4.17, in real it is 2.4.3)

Michael kolab983 at der-he.de
Wed Nov 13 14:13:41 CET 2013

Am Wed, 13 Nov 2013 11:48:41 +0100 schrieb Torsten Grote <grote at kolabsys.com>:

> This is now fixed in the Kolab:Development repository. Here's the change made
> to the package:
>
> https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/rdiff?linkrevºse&package=cyrus-imapd&project=Kolab%3ADevelopment&rev1
>
> Michael, could you please test this new package?

The missing binaries weren't my complaints, that was you. :-P

But apart from this I can confirm it seams to be partly fixed somehow:

######################
$ dpkg-deb -c ~/src/kolab-devel/cyrus-imapd_2.4.17-4_armhf.deb  | grep -e "usr/lib/cyrus-imapd" -e "usr/bin" | awk '{print $6}' | sed -e "s#./usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/##" -e "s#./usr/bin/##" | sort | tr '\n' ' '
  arbitron chk_cyrus ctl_cyrusdb ctl_deliver ctl_mboxlist cvt_cyrusdb cyradm cyr_dbtool cyr_df cyrdump cyr_expire cyr_sequence cyr_synclog cyr_userseen cyrus-master deliver fud idled imapd imtest installsieve ipurge lmtpd lmtpproxyd lmtptest mbexamine mbpath mupdate mupdatetest nntpd nntptest notifyd pop3d pop3test proxyd ptdump ptexpire ptloader quota reconstruct sievec sieved sieveshell sivtest smmapd smtptest squatter sync_client sync_reset sync_server synctest timsieved tls_prune unexpunge upgrade/
######################

So there's still no cyrreconstruct, but the original cyrus reconstruct is.

And README.Debian.gz is still quoting:

######################
1. Renaming of some Cyrus IMAP utilities

   The quota, reconstruct, master and deliver utilities have been renamed to
   cyrquota, cyrreconstruct, cyrmaster and cyrdeliver, following the template
   set by upstream with "cyradm".  This was done because both Cyrus Debian
   maintainers found the original names to be too generic and likely to cause
   namespace collisions later.

   Since documentation may refer to these utilities using their original
   name, you must be aware of this fact.  Also, installsieve is deprecated
   and will be removed from the Debian package in the future; use sieveshell
   instead.

... which seems to be wrong for this kolab-cyrus-imapd.deb.

Is the rpm package using debian cyr* names (like cyrreconstruct)
or original cyrus names (like reconstruct)?
For the consistency/uniformity/homogeneity of documentation/guides,
kolabs packages for Red Hat and Debian should name those files identical.

Regards
Michael