[Kolab-devel] Announcing some blog posts for building packages for Debian on OBS

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Nov 11 23:42:37 CET 2013

On Monday 11. November 2013 23.14.14 Paul Klos wrote:
> Op woensdag 30 oktober 2013 14:13:10 schreef Paul Boddie:
> >
> > However, when trying to rebuild libkolabxml with pbuilder, I get the
> > following:
> >
> > cp: cannot stat 'debian/tmp/usr/lib/cmake/Libkolabxml/LibkolabxmlTargets-
> > noconfig.cmake': No such file or directory
> >
> > I saw this error before, but I wonder why osc doesn't fail when building
> > the package since osc should be adhering to Debian packaging guidelines,
> > and it obviously produces the libkolabxml-dev.install file that causes
> > this error.
>
> I've seen this when we were building kolab packages targeting Debian
> Wheezy, and I was building libkolab* for Debian unstable. There was a
> difference in the way these build commands are called because the Debian
> toolchain versions differed between wheezy and unstable. If memory serves,
> debhelper in sid defaults to a default setting
> CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo, which was empty before. This causes a
> file LibkolabxmlTargets-RelWithDebInfo.cmake to be created instead of
> LibkolabxmlTargets-noconfig.cmake. So if the *.install file contains
> explicit references to these cmake files, it will fail on one of these
> versions. I put usr/lib/cmake/Libkolab/*.cmake in my libkolab-dev.install
> file to make it work in either version.
>
> What I don't know what this means in the current OSB environment, though.

I was actually going to ask about this, but thought that it might have been a
transient problem, so it's good that you read my mind and answered my
potential question anyway. :-)

I know even less about OBS than debhelper plus cmake, so I can't comment on
what OBS does to avoid it other than it potentially not setting that flag, but
it's useful to know of its existence so that I can look out for it.

Paul