[Kolab-devel] Upgrade Path

Daniel Morlock daniel.morlock at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 13:42:05 CET 2013

Hi,

I just prepared another bundle of Gentoo ebuilds for our test system and
was wondering whether I really need to re-create our LDAP and MySQL
database. I definitely need to run pykolab-setup since essential things in
the roundcube configuration has changed. This means that all the *.sql
scripts will be executed which means that I have to start with a clean
database. Further, I could skip the LDAP stuff in pykolab-setup but by
doing so, all LDAP configuration templates will also be skipped and I
neither know whether anything has changed there nor I want to search those
changes by hand.

To sum up, I'd like to ask whether there are any plans for an upgrade
process towards the next Kolab version (e.g. 3.2 or somewhat). It would
also be nice, if one could see somewhere whether there are any changes in
the database or in a configuration e.g. between a minor update e.g. for
roundcube-plugins. I think the latter would be a good starting point to
build something like an automated upgrade script.

Daniel.