[Kolab-devel] Debian Updates Repository, and Development repository

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Fri Nov 8 10:16:04 CET 2013

Hello Aleksander,
I don't really know the difference between aptitude and apt-get.
I usually use apt-get, but on jiffybox aptitude is installed by
default, so I used that, because it was in the Kolab docs like that.
I tried now how sudo apt-get install kolab works, but that does give
less useful error messages than aptitude.

root at localhost:~# sudo apt-get install kolab
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 kolab : Depends: kolab-webadmin but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: kolab-webclient but it is not going to be installed

aptitude shows:
root at localhost:~# aptitude install kolab
  389-console{a} 389-ds{a} 389-ds-console{a} 389-ds-console-doc{a}
389-dsgw{a} amavisd-new{a} augeas-lenses{a} autoconf{a} automake{a}
autotools-dev{a}
  [...]
  python-cheetah{a} python-kolabformat{a} re2c{a} roundcubemail{a}
roundcubemail-plugins-kolab{ab} sasl2-bin{a} shtool{a} spamassassin{a}
spamc{a} wallace{a} zlib1g-dev{a}
0 packages upgraded, 150 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 80.4 MB of archives. After unpacking 263 MB will be used.
 roundcubemail-plugins-kolab : Depends: php-http-request2 which is a
virtual package.
                               Depends: php-net-url2 which is a virtual package.
                               Depends: php-kolab (> 0.4) but it is
not going to be installed.
                               Depends: php-kolabformat (> 0.9) but it
is not going to be installed.
 kolab-webadmin : Depends: smarty3 (>= 3.1.7) but it is not going to
be installed.
                  Depends: php-net-ldap2 but it is not going to be installed.
                  Depends: libmozldap-0d but it is not going to be installed.
                  Depends: mozldap-tools but it is not going to be installed.

[etc]

Timotheus