[Kolab-devel] Debian Updates Repository, and Development repository

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Thu Nov 7 16:03:30 CET 2013

Hello Jeroen,

Torsten and I talked yesterday about the repositories for Debian,
Updates and Development.
I assume, that we should not update the Updates repository to often,
since that affects not only Debian, but CentOS as well, and could
confuse people who rely on a stable CentOS release.

Therefore, I guess as long as the debian packages are experimental, it
is better to tell potential testers in the docs, to use the
development packages.

I have added a pull request for the documentation:
https://github.com/kanarip/kolab-docs/pull/5

The output looks like this:
http://download.pokorra.de/kolab/docs/installation-guide/debian.html

Another question regarding Updates: If I was to make a request on OBS
for example for package
https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/show?package=roundcubemail-plugins-kolab&project=Kolab%3ADevelopment,
that would include a number of your changes to the CentOS packages
too?
So will those go into 3.1 Updates eventually, or is that already for 3.2?
Do we need to separate the packages for Debian and CentOS?

Hope these questions make sense,
thanks,
 Timotheus