[Kolab-devel] Cyrus problems with folder-type in annotations.db missing first 4 characters after upgrade from Kolab2

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Wed May 22 16:00:14 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I am wondering about this issue:
After you upgraded your Kolab2 IMAP data, on Kolab3 the command kolab
list-mailbox-metadata will eg. show t.default instead of event.default
for your calendar.
Because of this, the calendar folder will not appear as the default
calendar in Roundcube.

This is documented in the Administrators Guide:
http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-Upgrading_from_Kolab_2_on_OpenPKG.html
"The annotations database may not have been upgraded correctly,
causing some annotations to miss the first 4 characters of their
value"

Following the advice in the guide to connect to the old server might
work (where is the password for cyrus admin on Kolab2?), but I am
still wondering about the reasons for this problem, and if there could
be a cleaner solution.

When I open on my Kolab3 server the file /var/lib/imap/annotations.db
in vi, I can search for the folder types, and they seem ok to me,
there I can see default.event etc.

Related to this problem, I found also this post on the mailing list:
http://www.intevation.de/pipermail/kolab-users/2012-March/013290.html
"x32 to x64 convertion, Cyrus issue with annotations"

When I try to convert the annotations.db from skiplist to flat:
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb `pwd`/annotations.db skiplist
`pwd`/test.db flat
I get this error in maillog:
cvt_cyrusdb[18569]: IOERROR: writing /root/annotations/test.db.NEW:
Invalid argument

I cannot find any suggestions for the reason of this error message on the web.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  Timotheus