[Kolab-devel] Kolab 3 Default Folders with Non-English

Shawn Walker swalker at bynari.net
Mon May 6 22:59:00 CEST 2013

We are about to release our Outlook Connector that supports Kolab 3 server.  We have one outstanding issue that we need to get resolved.

We have a German beta tester and his Outlook is in German.  He reported that when he started Outlook with a new profile with a new account on Kolab 3 server, he said that there were two sets of folders, one in English and in German.  Outlook Connector depends on looking for the default folder with ANNOTATEMORE looking for the ‘.default’.   We found out that after creating a new account on Kolab 3 and set the native language to de_DE, the folders was created in English and none of the folders has the ‘.default’ set.

We see that Roundcube is mapping the English folder to the German folders.   Did the ‘.default’ get removed from Kolab 3?  How will Outlook Connector understand which folder is the default folder if there are multiple ‘event’, ‘contact’, etc folders from ANNOTATEMORE response?

Here is the output from the beta user’s Kolab3 server that he setup an account that is configured to be German localization.  I had specifically asked him to not run Outlook Connector on this account so that we can see how the IMAP folders is generated.

$ openssl s_client -crlf -quiet -connect localhost:993

depth=0 C = --, ST = SomeState, L = SomeCity, O = SomeOrganization, OU = SomeOrganizationalUnit, CN = localhost.localdomain, emailAddress = root at localhost.localdomain

verify error:num=18:self signed certificate

verify return:1

depth=0 C = --, ST = SomeState, L = SomeCity, O = SomeOrganization, OU = SomeOrganizationalUnit, CN = localhost.localdomain, emailAddress = root at localhost.localdomain

verify return:1

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN SASL-IR] kolab3 Cyrus IMAP v2.4.17-Debian-2.4.17-3 server ready

. login german.guy at kolab3test.de guy

. OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE LOGINDISABLED AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN ACL RIGHTS=kxte QUOTA MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY CATENATE CONDSTORE ESEARCH SORT SORT=MODSEQ THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE LIST-EXTENDED WITHIN QRESYNC SCAN XLIST URLAUTH URLAUTH=BINARY IDLE] User logged in SESSIONID=<kolab3-5230-1367863488-1>

. list "" "*"

* LIST (\Noinferiors \HasChildren) "/" INBOX

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Archive

* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" Calendar

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Calendar/Personal Calendar"

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Configuration

* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" Contacts

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Contacts/Personal Contacts"

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Drafts

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Journal

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Notes

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Sent

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Spam

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Tasks

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Trash

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Shared Folders/shared/Resources/Der Beamer"

. OK Completed (0.000 secs 16 calls)

. GETANNOTATION Calendar "/vendor/kolab/folder-type" ("value.shared")

* ANNOTATION "Calendar" "/vendor/kolab/folder-type" ("value.shared" "event")

. OK Completed

. GETANNOTATION Contacts "/vendor/kolab/folder-type" ("value.shared")

* ANNOTATION "Contacts" "/vendor/kolab/folder-type" ("value.shared" "contact")

. OK Completed

As you can see above, there is no ‘event.default’ and ‘contact.default’ for the default folder.

Regards,

Shawn Walker

Senior Software Developer

222 W Las Colinas Blvd, Suite 1540E

Irving, TX  75039

http://www.bynari.net <http://www.bynari.net/>

(800)241-1086

(214)350-5772 x29

(214)352-3530 fax

The Leader in messaging and collaboration software