[Kolab-devel] Calendar events sent to Outlook client do not work

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Thu Mar 28 18:22:35 CET 2013

Mat Cantin wrote:
> On 2013-03-28 0:38, Thomas Brüderli wrote:
>> Mat Cantin wrote:
>>> I'm testing on Outlook 2003, OWA on Exchange 2003, Outlook 2007, and
>>> Office 365 webmail.
>>>
>>> I can provide the emails I'm sending as attachments so you can see the
>>> headers if that helps, let me know.
>>
>> And even more interesting would be a full email source of an iTip
>> invitation that actually works in Outlook. That might help us find the
>> difference.
>
> Would an invite email generated from an Outlook client work? I've attached
> an email from an Oulook to Outlook which works: meeting-from-outlook.msg.
> And a message from Kolab with the patches that does not work:
> meeting-from-kolab.msg.

Thanks for that. At first sight, I see an additional header

Maybe that already does the trick. I'll try to compose a patch for you to
test with.

> It's becoming a bit of a stab in the dark isn't it?

Unfortunately, yes.
But it always is if somebody decides to ignore the standards...

> Maybe a comparison of
> an invite from a Gmail account that works might help narrow things down too.

Gmail attaches the .ics twice (!). Once with

and again with

I guess they have their reasons why to duplicate the attachment...

Maybe you can verify whether an invitation from Gmail works with Outlook 2003.

Regards,
Thomas