[Kolab-devel] Hosting multiple domains

Bruce Marriner bruce+kolab at bmts.us
Wed Mar 27 14:35:12 CET 2013

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 04:40 AM CDT, Timotheus Pokorra <timotheus.pokorra at gmail.com> wrote:

> You find the code linked to my solution in this gist:
> https://gist.github.com/tpokorra/5244642

Timotheus, thank you very much for adding to the list of useful documented pieces of Kolab!  I've even added a link to your page from my own wiki page on multi-hosted kolab options.  For reference you can view it if you wish here : http://bmts.us/wiki/doku.php?id=article:kolab:multidomain

> I am looking for feedback and suggestions to improve this.
>
> Especially the patch to Roundcube, for support of multiple domains
> without changing the config files or requiring several hosts. I have
> not fully tested it, and I don't know the rules and conventions of the
> Roundcube project (yet).

I believe that patch will work safely for Roundcube and at one point I had configured something very similar but I think it will break the Activesync login.  I'm not sure if you're using that or not so it may not matter for your setup.  The kolab activesync uses the same kolab_auth.inc.php file for authentication information but it doesn't work exactly the same and I don't believe it has the $user variable available.  I haven't researched other options with it yet as I'm testing some other things with Kolab for a few weeks or more but looking at how the kolab activesync code gets and handles the username might help you find a way to implement a similar change to parse the username for the domain information.

> All the best,
>   Timotheus

Again, thanks for your documentation and scripts! They're quite nice and maybe something like a setup-kolab-multidomain script should be part of Kolab itself. (hint hint)