[Kolab-devel] CalDAV Collections vs. IMAP Folders

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Mar 27 13:54:50 CET 2013

On Wednesday 27 March 2013 13.29:13 Thomas Brüderli wrote:
> Can we call this a final decision? Using a /vendor/kolab/name annotation
> for display names and take the full IMAP path as UID for *DAV collections?

When I spoke about this with Jeroen, he had a strong opinion on re-using the
comment annotation, which otherwise has no use we were aware of.

It would have the benefitof not having to introduce yet another annotation,
which also has a cost. We were driving at the time, so could not look up the
actual definition of this annotation.

In particular we were not sure this annotation is used anywhere, by anyone, as
adding a comment of "My spam box" for /INBOX/Spam seems to add very little,
and we struggled to come up with sensible uses for the annotation ourselves.

If it turns out it is defined, but in fact not really used by anyone, using it
for the symbolic name of the *DAV access would make a lot of sense.

Unfortunately Jeroen is on vacation right now, and he should have the last say
on this. But if you need to start working on this now, I'd suggest to start
with the comment annotation, as that exists and is not used for Kolab
otherwise, and we change it to a private annotation later if we must.

Would that work for you?

Best regards,
Georg

--