[Kolab-devel] kolab_folders_*_default re-create themselves

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Fri Mar 22 08:55:29 CET 2013

On 03/21/2013 08:38 PM, Bruce Marriner wrote:

> The default install of Kolab includes settings in the
> kolab_folders.inc.php for "Contacts" and "Calendar".  If a user renames
> any of these folders or deletes them then a little while later the
> folders will re-appear.  This is a very trivial issue but if you use
> several folders in each of these groups and name them something more
> descriptive then having these "rogue" folders show up is annoying. I
> don't understand the depth of these settings and rather setting them to
> '' like the default task, note, and journal settings would cause any
> other problems or not. (I haven't noticed any yet but I haven't tested
> this very much either)

The plugin checks folder annotations not names. So, if you just rename a
folder with calendar.default type it will not create a new one. The
problem is indeed when you delete calendar.default folder and not create
a new one setting it's type as calendar.default.

But, that's the purpose of these settings. If there's no folder with
specified type create it.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Software Developer