[Kolab-devel] Calendar reminder not showing up in Mail view

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Fri Mar 8 13:24:27 CET 2013

Mat Cantin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've observed that calendar reminder messages do not show up when in
> the Kolab mail view. They only appear to show up when the calendar view
> is open (and Files for some reason). Is this by design?

It's definitely not by design. Calendar and task reminders are supposed to
show up in every part of the web client. Please check your settings for
"Refresh" (in Settings > Preferences > User Interface). This is the
interval the client pulls updates from the server. Then try to catch the
requests sent by the browser (use Firebug or Chrome inspector). If those
requests fail for some reason (server error or whatnot), that would help us
locating the issue.

> It seems
> counter-intuitive to my users since they only have the calendar open for
> brief periods of time.

That's definitely true and it actually works fine for me.

~Thomas