[Kolab-devel] Kolab 3.0 on Ubuntu

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Jan 21 13:23:37 CET 2013

Hi Stuart,

seeing as how we have Wheezy packages already - and the GIT
repositories to maintain the APT packaging through, along with a build
host for your convenience, I'd say it's easiest to start rebuilding
those packages against the Ubuntu tree and branch off for Ubuntu where
it is needed.

On 2013-01-18 23:33, Stuart C. Naifeh wrote:
> I would like to test Kolab 3.0 on Ubuntu 12.04.  I have tried the
> Debian
> Wheezy packages, but they depend on versions of other packages
> (various
> python and php packages) that are ahead of the Ubuntu 12.04 packages,
> so
> they won't install.

Could you please elaborate on the versions of these packages that
Ubuntu ships with? I know for a fact we'd like to have python-ldap >=
2.4, but perhaps the other versions (PHP) are less relevant and all they
require is a rebuild against the Ubuntu tree.

> On Friday 18 January 2013 17:33:10 Stuart C. Naifeh wrote:
>> I'd be happy to install from source, but I can't find a
>> source archive, and I can't figure out which of the git repositories
>> need. E.g., in the Wheezy packages

Source archives are all supposed to be at
http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/releases/.

This also comprises the list of packages that we would require (at a
minimum) be packaged for a distribution - naturally some dependencies
may need to be pulled in / updated (roundcubemail comes to mind).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG