[Kolab-devel] Kolab 3.0 on Ubuntu

Stuart C. Naifeh scnaifeh at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 23:33:10 CET 2013

I would like to test Kolab 3.0 on Ubuntu 12.04.  I have tried the Debian
Wheezy packages, but they depend on versions of other packages (various
python and php packages) that are ahead of the Ubuntu 12.04 packages, so
they won't install. I'd be happy to install from source, but I can't find a
source archive, and I can't figure out which of the git repositories I
need. E.g., in the Wheezy packages, I see a kolabd package, but I don't see
a git repository that corresponds.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with Postfix, Dovecot, and OpenLDAP.  I do
authentication against the LDAP database. I've installed Dovecot 2.1 and
the Dovecot metadata plugin v11.  For the moment, I'm testing on a virtual
machine running on KVM.

Thanks for any guidance.