[Kolab-devel] New release: kolab-syncroton-2.1-rc1

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sat Feb 9 13:46:09 CET 2013

Hello there,

I'm pleased to announce the release of kolab-syncroton-2.1-rc1.

You can download this release from:

http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/releases/kolab-syncroton-2.1-rc1.tar.gz

This release candidate resolves two major issues, and a couple of small
ones. Highlights include;

   - \Seen flags (and some other flags) were not being synchronized
between the device and the server (#1169).

     PLEASE NOTE: In order to fix this issue, kolab-syncroton requires a
small database schema upgrade to be applied.

   - Some clients have shown "Decrypt message" buttons for messages that
were not encrypted and for which the actual contents may or may not in
fact have been displayed in a legible manner. With your help, we have
figured out this has been a truncation size issue, and fixed it (#1620).

   - Some clients do not adhere to RFCs (no surprise here), and
therefore UID attributes of events may have been truncated (#1534).

     PLEASE NOTE: This too requires a small database schema upgrade.

You can find each of the database schema upgrade segments in the
docs/SQL/mysql/ directory.

As the database schema upgrades really need to be applied - including
to running systems, please bear with us while we figure out how to
perform such upgrades in the packaging of this new release.

New installations can simply run with the updated mysql.initial.sql
file also available in docs/SQL/.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--