[Kolab-devel] Kolab3 on Mageia update

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Feb 8 13:52:40 CET 2013

On 2013-02-08 04:53, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> I am making progress but not as much as I would like.
>
> Could please anybody tell me what the third line wants in pykolab,
> setup_mta.py:
>
> subprocess.call(['systemctl', 'restart', 'postfix.service'])
>         subprocess.call(['systemctl', 'restart', 'amavisd.service'])
>         subprocess.call(['systemctl', 'restart',
> 'clamd.amavisd.service'])
>         subprocess.call(['systemctl', 'restart', 'wallace.service'])
>
> Is this supposed to start the clamd?

More specifically, it is supposed to restart the specific instance of
clamd that is dedicated to amavisd.

The nature of the game in Enterprise Linux is so that SELinux policies
and filesystem permissions require amavisd to have a socket to clamd
within its own domain and with the correct POSIX permissions.

Therefore, the 'clamd.amavisd' service runs with a clamd.conf(5)
specifically for amavisd, creating the socket in (IIRC),
/var/run/amavisd/clamd.sock.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--