[Kolab-devel] Read Receipt Error

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Feb 7 01:07:26 CET 2013

On 2013-02-06 19:22, Mat Cantin wrote:
> Greetings,

Hi Mat,

> My users on two different sites report not being able to send the
> "Read
> Receipt" of a message. The dialogue box comes up asking if they wish
> send it, but when they hit ok they get this message: 451 4.3.5 Server
> configuration problem
>
> The servers are running CentOS 6.3 with the latest Kolab 3 stable
> release.

A fix was introduced in
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/commit/232535f76e50c08e77d8cba599fabe7fe8ca42d4

It should be included in the 0.9-beta for Roundcube we ship today, so
setting that option to true might resolve the problem.

Please note that using the SMTP server that Roundcube is configured to
use, a user is not allowed to send a message using an envelope sender
that the user is not explicitly authorized to use - ergo, the envelope
sender address must be a primary ('mail') or secondary mail ('alias')
attribute value, or the user must have been explicitly delegated
permission to send on behalf of another LDAP object (user, shared
folder, etc.).

Roundcube was - rightfully so if the recommendations from the related
RFCs are followed, to prevent unsolicited responses including NDRs from
being returned, and MDN-loops - sending the MDN responses with an empty
envelope sender address.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--