[Kolab-devel] generate_uid

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Feb 6 16:15:00 CET 2013

On 2013-02-05 13:56, furlot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to personalize the uid auto-generation, is there a
> reason that generate_uid don't use an uid policy like primary_mail or
> secondary_mail?

Yes, but none of them truly nor soundly technical in nature.

Please find attached a nice little script I've authored as an exercise
to see what I could do if I set my mind to it.

Place this in the top-level directory of the kolab-webadmin
installation (usually /usr/share/kolab-webadmin/).

Execute it with (use a user that has read access to
/etc/kolab/kolab.conf):

   $ php test-generate_uid.php

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen