[Kolab-devel] kolabd error filling log

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat Feb 2 17:12:14 CET 2013

On Sunday, January 27, 2013 05:31:42 PM Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> On Saturday, January 26, 2013 03:09:04 PM Thomas Spuhler wrote:

> > > I knew this, as I provide / have provided the pyasn1-modules for both
> > > RPM and Debian.
> >
> > OK, no more errors during setup.
> >
> > What I now get is when running the server, I get the error cannot connect
> > to the imap server port 993
> > I know there is a lot of information on Google about this, but I think
> > that is different. I found the certs/pem are at a different location
> > then the imap.conf tells.
> > Where is this location defined.
> >
> > the kolab-conf from pykolab has this snippet:
> >
> > ;ssl_cafile = /path/to/ca/file
> > ;ssl_capath = /path/to/ca/dir
> > ;ssl_local_cert = /path/to/local/cert
>
> OK, I fixed it manually by changing
>
> from
>
> tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

> tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_key_file: /etc/pki/tls/private/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
>
> after making these changes, the kolab-webadmin now creates the mailbox:
>
> # kolab list-mailboxes
> user/thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
>

> I still get the expected error of self signed certs
>
> # imtest -t "" -u cyrus-admin -a cyrus-admin -w $password localhost
> WARNING: no hostname supplied, assuming localhost
>
> S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED]
> vbox.btspuhler.com Cyrus IMAP v2.4.17-Mageia-RPM-2.4.17-3.mga3 server
> ready
> C: S01 STARTTLS
> S: S01 OK Begin TLS negotiation now
> verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
> TLS connection established: TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256
> bits) C: C01 CAPABILITY
> S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE ACL RIGHTS=kxte QUOTA
> MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN
> MULTIAPPEND BINARY CATENATE CONDSTORE ESEARCH SORT SORT=MODSEQ
> SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE
> LIST-EXTENDED WITHIN QRESYNC SCAN XLIST URLAUTH URLAUTH=BINARY X-NETSCAPE
> AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN SASL-IR IDLE S: C01 OK Completed
> C: A01 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN Y3lydXMtYWRtaW4AY3lydXMtYWRtaW4AbG9jYWxob3N0
> S: A01 NO no mechanism available
> Authentication failed. generic failure
> Security strength factor: 256
>

> Where do I need to cahnge the cert location when building the packages?

Got some success. Using thunderbird and startls, I can send e-mail, can put them into draft.
But can you help me with roundcube-plugin-kolab?
I am just getting a blank screen.
Which version of Roundcube are you using: the roundcube-plugins-kolab requires roundcubemail >= 0.9
but upstream is at 0.8.5
there is a 0.9-beta version upstream

--
Best regards