[Kolab-devel] Copyright for libkolab*

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Fri Apr 26 18:55:06 CEST 2013

On Friday 26 April 2013 18.25:26 Paul Klos wrote:
> - Is the copyright holder correct? It's currently set to Christian
> Mollekopf, but it's set to of Kolab Systems AG in various other packages.

Yes, it should actually be Copyright Kolab Systems as it was work for hire.

But our common practice is typically to also name the authors who worked on it
in addition to the Copyright notice. So something along the lines of

	Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Kolab Systems AG

	Author Christian Mollekopf <mollekopf at kolabsys.com>

would be the common practice.

> - What license should I use for the packaging work?

That is of course for you to decide, but I'd typically suggest a strong
Copyleft license if compatible with the sources in the package. In this case
it should spell GPLv3+, I guess.

Best regards,
Georg

--