[Kolab-devel] Copyright for libkolab*

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Fri Apr 26 18:25:26 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Part of getting libkolab* into Debian is making sure the copyright is correct.

Currently libkolab has LGPL-3+ for all files:

Copyright: 2011-2012 Christian Mollekopf <mollekopf at kolabsys.com>
           2004 Bo Thorsen <bo at sonofthor.dk>
           2009 <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
           2002-2004 Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
License: LGPL-3+

with exceptions for a list of specific files that have a different license:

Copyright: 2011-2012 Christian Mollekopf <mollekopf at kolabsys.com>
           2004 Bo Thorsen <bo at sonofthor.dk>
           2009 <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
           2002-2004 Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
License: LGPL-2+-QT-EXCEPTION

For libkolabxml the situation is similar, if slightly more complicated:

Files: *
Copyright: 2011-2012  Christian Mollekopf <mollekopf at kolabsys.com>
License: LGPL-3+

Files: schemas/*
Copyright: 2011-2012 by The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium, Inc.
License: Apache-2.0

Files: compiled/xsdbin.cxx compiled/grammar-input-stream.*
Copyright: not copyrighted
License: public-domain

Files: src/base64.*
Copyright: 2004-2008 René Nyffenegger
License: custom (text included in file, but omitted here)

Also, it was suggested to provide a separate section for debian/*, thus separating upstream and the packaging work in terms of copyright.

So, couple of questions:
- Are these licenses all correct?
- Is the copyright holder correct? It's currently set to Christian Mollekopf, but it's set to of Kolab Systems AG in various other packages.
- What license should I use for the packaging work?

Other than that, there were a few minor technical points, that I will resolve shortly.

Cheers,

Paul