[Kolab-devel] libkolab

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Apr 24 09:57:00 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-23 14:30, Paul Klos wrote:
> To summarize, even if we can separate between a Debian libkolab and
> Kolab-provided libkolab, there is no guarantee that that will never
> cause conflicts. Whereas if the Debian libkolab and Kolab-provided
> libkolab are one and the same, you can be sure there will be no
> conflicts.
>
> And the reality is, that there will be no Debian libkolab, as long as
> libcalendaring is somehow involved.

libkolab is only supposed to be built using libcalendaring for as long
as a distribution release (such as Enterprise Linux 6, Fedora <= 16,
Debian Squeeze and Wheezy, and others) does not provide sufficiently up
to date KDE PIM libraries.

As soon as the distribution releases do, the problem of pulling in a
KDE stack on the server is to be resolved by KDE Frameworks, but not by
libcalendaring.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--