[Kolab-devel] libkolab

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Tue Apr 23 18:58:16 CEST 2013

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 05:30:57 AM Paul Klos wrote:
> Hi Torsten,
>
> Torsten Grote schreef op 23-04-2013 10:17:
> > On Monday 22 April 2013 22:18:48 Paul Klos wrote:
> >> Is there any objection to letting go of the whole libcalendaring
> >> idea, and
> >> just bite the bullet and pull in kdepimlibs and the rest on a Kolab
> >> server
> >> install?
>
> To clarify, I meant this only for Debian(-based) installations.
>
> > If I remember correctly, the (temporary) creation of libcalendering
> > was
> > intentional and the pros and cons were deliberated upon. As far as I
> > know
> > libcalendering was supposed to die as soon as KDE Frameworks is ready
> > (and
> > shipped on all of Kolab's platforms) which I think it isn't.
>
> We don't necessarily need to kill off libcalendaring for all platforms,
> if we decide not to use it on Debian. But you're right, if certain
> platforms would keep using libcalendaring, and others don't, there would
> be a divergence between Kolab platforms.
>
> > Do you happen to know how other distributions that ship libkolab
> > handle this
> > problem?
I had both as a build requires, so I guess, it took randomly one of the lib files.
(I will not delete libcalendaring as a BuildRequires and make it obsolete on the Distro

BTW, I get this error with and w/o the libcalendaring  installed:
/libkolab/BUILD/libkolab-0.4.2/calendaring/event.h:0: Note: No relevant
classes found. No output generated.
/home/spuhler/MageiaSVN/kolab-3.0/libkolab/BUILD/libkolab-0.4.2/calendaring/event.h:0: