[Kolab-devel] Depian-pkg: Installation Problems

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Sep 25 14:47:19 CEST 2012

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 02:16:56 PM Jochen May wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i try to install a kolab 3.0 server with the debian packages and follow the
> instruction [1]. When i run the installation command, i get a error message
> that i have unmet dependencies [2].
> Normally the installer shows a option to fix this dependencies - but not in
> this case.
>
> The server run with debian wheezy.

Hi Jochen,

when I install Debian Wheezy, I come out solely with a conflict between our
Kolab MTA and Postfix, and Exim.

Also, when I look at what php5 provides, I see:

Package: php5-cli
Source: php5
Version: 5.4.4-7
Installed-Size: 7864
Maintainer: Debian PHP Maintainers <pkg-php-maint at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Architecture: amd64
*Provides: phpapi-20100525*

So I'm wondering;

1) what, in your case, provides phpapi-20100525 (which is what php-kolab and
php-kolabformat depend on) - I find these packages on my system with apt-cache
search phpapi.

2) what php5-cli provides on your installation (apt-cache show php5-cli),

3) just to back up the former set of information with some of the things that
may be different between your installation and mine, I'd like to know what
repositories and components are configured on your system.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect