[Kolab-devel] 3.0 on debian wheezy: setup-kolab failing

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Mon Sep 17 09:59:54 CEST 2012

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> On Sunday, September 16, 2012 03:52:44 PM Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> Bingo!

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/augeas.py", line 55, in <module>
>>     class Augeas(object):
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/augeas.py", line 61, in Augeas
>>     for _v in ("%d.%d", "%d%d")])
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/augeas.py", line 52, in _dlopen
>>     raise ImportError("Unable to import lib%s!" % args[0])
>> ImportError: Unable to import libpython2.7!
>>
>> Downgrading python-augeas from 0.4.0-2.1 to 0.3.0-1 didn't fix this ...
>> pointers?
>>

> The augeas packages originate from the native Debian package repositories,
> so my first suggestion would be to log an issue with their bug tracking
> system.
>
> It could be as simple as a missing dependency on the package that provides
> the libpython2.7 that the _dlopen is attempted on.
>
> It could be a little more complex in that the augeas code itself needs to
> be patched to _dlopen not 'libpython2.7' but the same library under
> another name.

This has me really confused. I installed python-augeas on my desktop (also
wheezy) and there the import statement you sent works without a flaw. I
tried to figure out any differences regarding python packages to my wheezy-
running lxc container that produces the error and the python installation
seems identical ...

Joh