[Kolab-devel] Debian - Cyrus Login Error

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Nov 29 09:45:46 CET 2012

On 2012-11-29 07:47, Tobias Brunner wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Tobias,

> I've started from scratch to install a fresh Kolab 3.0 Beta on my
> Debian
> Wheezy test server. The configuration with setup-kolab (now) looks
> fine (all
> parameters with the proposed default parameters).
> After that I created a new user with the Web Admin, but I'm not able
> to log-in
> to the webmail with this new user. Running "kolab list-mailboxes"
> gives the
> following error: "cyruslib.CYRUSError: (10, 'LOGIN', 'Invalid user')".
> Where
> should I start debugging this?

I've run in to a similar issue before; after completing the setup-kolab
run, I acid-test with issuing a "kolab list-mailboxes". This results in
very much the same error you are running in to.

Restarting the cyrus-imapd service once after completing setup-kolab
seems to resolve the issue, though. It looks like setup-kolab is too
quick restarting both kolab-saslauthd and cyrus-imapd after one another.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG