[Kolab-devel] Working on packaging Kolab 3 for openSUSE

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sun Nov 18 22:40:56 CET 2012

On Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:28:21 PM Ralf Lang wrote:
> Am 17.11.2012 17:12, schrieb Thomas Spuhler:
> > On Friday, November 16, 2012 03:37:04 AM Aeneas Jaißle (sewikom GmbH) wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >> I just wanted you to know we currently started working on packaging
> >> Kolab 3 for openSUSE.
> >
> > Let me know how you do the php threadsafe/apache-mpm-worker
>
> Does a threadsafe php module need only a threadsafe php5 package or
> recompiles of all the php extensions (core and pecl) too?

I am not sure. I looked at the Fedora spec sheet. What is certainly required is the add --enable-
maintainer-zts
to the configure section
but Fedora als adds a module source to install leading the correect package depending if apache uses
the mpm-prefork or not.
If you enable mpm-worker and start the hppd deamon, it will tell you that php needs to be compiled
threadsafe and it will not start.
--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler