[Kolab-devel] kolab driver for roundcube calendar plugin

Henne Holly henne.gwath at gmx.de
Thu Nov 8 18:38:34 CET 2012

Hi,

"roundcube didn't show up" meant, that I got blank page. Nothing more,
just white ;) That was while I was using the manager-acount to bind my
ldap-calendar. Some php-error you guessed...maybe right. Anyway...

As you recommended I now installed roundcube 0.7.3 with plugins 0.7.4 on
kolab 2.2.4-20100624-4ubuntu1 (due to some version matrix I thought it
was renamed from 2.4 or something in ubuntu).

I downloaded the horde 3.3.13 and put the whole lib/Horde directory in
plugins/kolab_core of roundcube to have those required_once files
meantioned in rcube_kolab.php at hand. Right, kolab_core finds them, but
now I got

Fatal error: Class 'Horde' not found in
/usr/share/roundcubemail-0.7.3/plugins/kolab_core/Horde/Auth.php on line
1363

However, I got accross this by copying lib/Horde.php from my
horde-directory to some php-accessable directory, namely
plugins/kolab_core/Horde and included it in rcube_kolab.php with

require_once 'Horde/Horde.php' //copied that file from lib/Horde there

Now I get in calendar View

PHP Error in
/usr/share/roundcubemail-0.7.3/plugins/calendar/drivers/kolab/kolab_driver.php
(78): Failed to list calendar folders from Kolab server:IMAP error.
Server: domainname.com. Error: Connection failed to domainname.com,143:
Connection refused

because kolab at the moment is configured to use a domain name that
isn't configured properly yet. I overcame that problem by defining

"192.168.2.200 domainname.com" in /etc/hosts

And there we go! Finally I have my calendar folders available in roundcube!

To summarize: Do not use kolab 2.2.4 with roundcube 0.8.1! It won't
work, because the approach to connect to kolab in 0.8.1 seems to be
different. With kolabd 2.2.4 you need kolab_core plugin configured and
Horde files available in the plugins/kolab_core directory. Additionally
you need to 'require_once "Horde.php"' in
plugins/kolab_core/rcube_kolab.php. Horde.php comes from horde-framework
again. In that file you have the Horde-class defined, which you need
urgently!

Correct me, if I'm wrong. Just to read for other people with similar
problems.

Thank's again and some nice regards (could you say that?^^),
Henning