[Kolab-devel] Installation on Wheezy - Experiences

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Tue Nov 6 23:59:34 CET 2012

> The third line normally points to the same
> (self-signed) pem.

Ok, I followed Franz' suggestion and symlinked the
files under the /etc/pki directory. I made the third
line point to ca-certs.crt. I'll try this tomorrow.

> We may want to patch
> pykolab.git/share/templates/imapd.conf.tpl to
> reflect the different certificate paths on Debian.

I think we probably should :-)

> > Then, I found that ownership
> > of /etc/kolab/kolab.conf is off, so I changed it:
> >
> > chown -R kolab:kolab /etc/kolab
> >

> I think /etc/kolab/ only needs to be root:root
> 0755, as long as /etc/kolab/kolab.conf is
> kolab-n:kolab 0640.

Fair enough, I'll adapt the permissions. At any rate,
this did get me one step further.

> > I re-created my user, just to be sure.
> >
> > Now kolab --list-mailboxes still shows nothing
> > but I can login to roundcube with my user.
>
> It's 'kolab list-mailboxes' or 'kolab lm'.

Yeah, that was a typo in my email.
> For authentication errors, a simpler test is
> 'testsaslauthd -u cyrus-admin -p <pass>' - same
> goes for testing authentication for lesser users.

I'll have a go at that tomorrow.

Status so far: some manual work is still required,
and I still can't login to imap, neither from
roundcube, nor from a 'real' mail client.

Kind regards,

Paul