[Kolab-devel] Installation on Wheezy - Experiences

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Nov 6 23:28:34 CET 2012

On 2012-11-06 21:13, Paul Klos wrote:
>> The cyrus-imapd.pem file was created but empty in my case. The other
>> thing is, that the path in the imapd.conf file wasn't correct.
>
> I had the same thing. I repeated the steps from
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/cyrus-imapd.postinst to create the certificate
> manually, and changed /etc/imapd.conf:
>
> tls_cert_file: /etc/ssl/private/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_ca_file: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
>
> Not sure about the 3rd line, though.

The third line normally points to the same (self-signed) pem.

We may want to patch pykolab.git/share/templates/imapd.conf.tpl to
reflect the different certificate paths on Debian.

> Then, I found that ownership of /etc/kolab/kolab.conf is off, so I
> changed it:
>
> chown -R kolab:kolab /etc/kolab

I think /etc/kolab/ only needs to be root:root 0755, as long as
/etc/kolab/kolab.conf is kolab-n:kolab 0640.

> I re-created my user, just to be sure.
>
> Now kolab --list-mailboxes still shows nothing but I can login to
> roundcube with my user.

It's 'kolab list-mailboxes' or 'kolab lm'.

For authentication errors, a simpler test is 'testsaslauthd -u
cyrus-admin -p <pass>' - same goes for testing authentication for lesser
users.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--