[Kolab-devel] Installation on Wheezy - Experiences

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Tue Nov 6 22:13:43 CET 2012

> The cyrus-imapd.pem file was created but empty in my case. The other
> thing is, that the path in the imapd.conf file wasn't correct.

I had the same thing. I repeated the steps from /var/lib/dpkg/info/cyrus-imapd.postinst to create the certificate manually, and changed /etc/imapd.conf:

tls_cert_file: /etc/ssl/private/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Not sure about the 3rd line, though.

Then, I found that ownership of /etc/kolab/kolab.conf is off, so I changed it:

chown -R kolab:kolab /etc/kolab

And restarted kolab-saslauthd.

I re-created my user, just to be sure.

Now kolab --list-mailboxes still shows nothing but I can login to roundcube with my user. I immediately get the error that I cannot login to the IMAP server, but I can access settings, global addressbook, tasks and calendar.

So, not 100% but progress nonetheless.

Cheers,

Paul