[Kolab-devel] Installation on Wheezy - Experiences

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Nov 6 15:26:29 CET 2012

On 2012-11-06 07:53, Tobias Brunner wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Yesterday evening I re-installed my Wheezy VM to start from scratch
> (now I
> have a snapshot to restart from scratch without re-installing the OS
> =) ).
>
> == Creating a Mailbox ==
> Everything looked good in the webinterface, but running "kolab
> list-mailboxes"
> gives me the following error:
> pykolab.imap WARNING Could not connect to Cyrus IMAP server
> 'imaps://localhost:993'
>
> Checking /var/log/syslog:
> imaps[4462]: accepted connection
> master[12202]: about to exec /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/imapd
> imaps[4462]: TLS server engine: cannot load CA data
> imaps[4462]: unable to get certificate from
> '/etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-
> imapd.pem'
> imaps[4462]: TLS server engine: cannot load cert/key data
> imaps[4462]: error initializing TLS
> imaps[4462]: Fatal error: tls_init() failed
> imaps[12202]: executed
> master[4433]: process 4462 exited, status 75
> master[4433]: service imaps pid 4462 in BUSY state: terminated
> abnormally

I thought I had fixed the SSL certificate issue for at least Cyrus IMAP
- could you see which version of the package you have installed, and
whether:

   # bash /var/lib/dpkg/info/cyrus-imapd.postinst

creates /etc/ssl/private/cyrus-imapd.pem correctly?

The cyrus user should be a member of the ssl-cert group and therefore
have access to /etc/ssl/private/.

The cyrus-imapd.pem file should be readable by the cyrus user as well.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG